Thank you for your support!
Thank you for making Isles’ Day of Giving: Now and for the Future a success! Because of you, more people will have an opportunity to build wealth, receive their education, grow their own food, and participate in the revitalization of their neighborhoods. Special thanks to our match sponsors Sobel and Borden Perlman, as well as our in-kind sponsors Sourland Mountain Spirits, Terhune Orchards and Classics Used Bookstore.
While we are eager to see you again in person, we hope you enjoyed videos from Isles staff, Trustees, and customers posted to our Facebook page. Take a look at some of them below, and click here to see them all on YouTube.
Congratulations to our Raffle Giveaway Winners:
Graffiti Appreciation: Jen Mengedoth
Urban Picnic: Markese Humphrey
Writer’s Workshop: William Delmar
Farm to Cocktail: Jonny “LANK” Conner
Thank you again for taking part in our Day of Giving: Now and for the Future… we can’t do this work without you!
Watch videos from Isles staff, volunteers, and customers on our Facebook page that share inside looks into our work and its impact in the region – now and for the future. We’re also raffling off one-of-a-kind giveaway packages. To enter into the raffle, make an online donation on June 16th during one of the event’s time blocks (see below.)
Isles’ Day of Giving supports our on-the-ground services during these unprecedented times and invests in our work for the future. While we are disappointed that we are unable to host in-person events this spring, we hope that you’ll be a part of our Day-of-Giving: Now and for the Future…we can’t do this work without you!
Make a donation during one of the time slots below and be entered to win one of our four giveaways. Each giveaway package features a one-of-a-kind mix of experiences and goodies from our own staff and generous and supportive partners. Check out our giveaway flyer for more info. Follow our Facebook page to see the winners announced!
Graffiti Arts Appreciation (8 am to 10 am)
Support the arts and contribute to creative place-making with the Graffiti Arts Appreciation giveaway package. This package includes:
- Graffiti canvas from Isles’ staff, Sophie “Roospy” Ban, Annual Giving & Events Manager
- Graffiti class from local legend, Leon “Rain” Rainbow
- Signed prints from Philadelphia-based, world-renowned street artist, Jimmy Gloss Black
Urban Picnic (11 am to 1 pm)
Enjoy family time while contributing to the health and sustainability of your community with the Urban Picnic giveaway package. This package includes:
- Garden consultation from Isles’ staff member, Jim Simon, Deputy Director, Community Planning
- A gift certificate to Terhune Orchards for locally sourced picnic items.
- Signed copy of Bill Wurtzel’s Foodie Faces, a children’s book about eating healthy, and getting in touch with our emotions.
Writer’s Workshop (2 pm to 4 pm)
Get inspired by writers, past and present, and join them as a published author in the future with the Writer’s Workshop giveaway package. This package includes:
- Gift certificate from small business and local gem, Classics Used Bookstore
- One-on-one review of a nonfiction book proposal from literary agent, Rita Rosenkranz.
- Signed copies of:
- The Elements of Narrative Nonfiction: How to Write & Sell the Novel of True Events, by Peter Rubie
- The Runner Up Presidency: The Elections That Defied America’s Popular Will (and How Our Democracy Remains in Danger) by Mark Weston
Farm-to-Cocktail (5 pm to 7 pm)
Foster self-reliance and self-care with home-made hand sanitizer, a dose of literary empathy and locally sourced cocktail ingredients with the Farm-to-Cocktail giveaway package. This package includes:
- Home-made hand sanitizer from Sourland Mountain Spirits
- Signed copy of 400 Friends and No One to Call, by Val Walker, which draws on the authors own experiences with overcoming and “befriending” loneliness to connect to a wider community and foster a sense of belonging.
- Recipe and ingredients for The Bees Knees and The Gold Rush classic cocktails, including:
- Award-winning Isles honey
- Sourland Mountain Spirits Reserve Gin (for Bees Knees)
- Sourland Mountain Spirits currently SOLD OUT One-year Bourbon Whiskey (for Gold Rush)
Take a look at out Isles’ Pandemic Response services page to see just some of the ways Isles is responding to the COVID-19 crisis in our community.