Providing affordable, high performing office, training, conference and flexible spaces to nonprofits, social impact businesses and artists in a unique, formerly vacant historic textile mill.
In 2006, Isles had a familiar challenge that faces dynamic social impact organizations: we had outgrown our office and training facilities. We explored our options, then decided to take a non-familiar route. Instead of simply finding a larger place, we asked, “What if we could acquire and restore a large, vacant, threatened historic factory in a challenged community, invite similar-minded groups to co-locate with us, and create shared green technology, conference and flexible office and training space, kitchens and idea incubators?”
To accomplish our mission, we had been partnering with many other groups, who often felt isolated and reliant on poor quality facilities. Could we strengthen our impact – and the outcomes of other important organizations – by creating a Social Profit Center?
Encouraged by the experience of the Nonprofit Centers Network of North America, Isles acquired the former Atlantic Products Mill on the Trenton-Hamilton border for $10/sq ft. Located right on the busy Northeast Corridor rail line, this former historic textile mill fell into disrepair and became mostly vacant in the 80’s. Isles saw an opportunity to transform this building and surrounding community, and support at least 35 organizations and artists.
The Social Profit Center (SPC) will bring community-based organizations, researchers, policy activists, philanthropists, and artists together in a 75,000 sq ft., environmentally efficient space. A publicly accessible roof with solar and green features adds to the appeal, and ensures permanent affordability for members.
Visit the Social Profit Center website:
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
- A social profit community that fosters innovative growth, collaboration, and excellence.
- Shared resources: high speed internet, event and conference space, kitchens, rooftop deck, lounges, and more.
- Green design, including a solar power and green roof, LED lighting, daylight harvesting, high efficiency heating and cooling, and more.
- Turnkey office, warehouse, arts, and community spaces with exposed brick walls, massive timbers, and natural light throughout.
- 24/7 access.
- High visibility and access, located directly on the Northeast Corridor Rail Line and convenient to Routes 1 and 95/295.